Hiya. I was so sleepy last night that I could not finish writing about what my aunt told me. Now I would love to write about Kabuki again.
Most Japanese know that Kabuki is one of the important Japanese traditional performing arts, although they do not go to see it often. The main reason of this is the price of the play. We have to pay a lot, if we would like to see it clearly. And since the play uses classical Japanese, it is a bit difficult to understand.
Although there are somethings that keep us from going to Kabuki theater, Kabuki is still worth seeing. The colorful clothes, tools, and unique music should not be missed! No wonder there are a lot of people who love it.
My aunt said to me that she went to see a movie on Friday. I asked her what kind of movie she saw. She replied, “Cinema Kabuki.” Cinema Kabuki is not the name of the movie.
Cinema Kabuki is one of new genres of Japanese movies (the producers say it is not a movie, though.). It is the record of Kabuki. (Not a documentary film.) I could not find the English explanation of this, but there’s a Japanese one. →シネマ歌舞伎とは
Also it is quite a bad movie, though, there’s the video of Cinema Kabuki on YouTube. If you would like to see it, click here.
Whenever I see a Kabuki video, I’m surprised at how feminine the actors are! They are my role models sometimes. Gosh, they have it going on and are hot numbers, although I hate to admit it…
-Mu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment