Heya!
It was absolutely pouring down this morning.
Some people say they don’t like rain because it depresses them, but I think it is better than the steaming hot situation just before it’s about to rain. (It may sound strange, but I do like the smell just before it rains. haha.)
Everything seems to be damp during rainy season. Books, clothes, curtain, floor, everything! But I can’t but think about how great the ancient Japanese were. Wooden houses suit this climate. They absorb humidity. (well, to some extent... But if it were not for the wood frames, the situation would be worse in a house without an air conditioner, I bet.)
As for graves, some ancient people (from the era known as 古墳時代 Kofun Period or Tumulus Period) used stone to build chambers like European or Chinese ones (actually, it was influenced by China and Korea), though.
Several years ago, it was reported that mold grew in one of those stone chambers (高松塚古墳 Takamatsuzuka Kofun, in 奈良 Nara), and that news made us worried because there are some pictures on the wall of the chamber, which are valuable from the historical and cultural point of views (some pictures of Takamatsuzuka Kofun are a national treasure). Most Japanese know the pictures because it is used for the cover of some history textbooks.
If you want to know more about it, please look at this site. →Takamatsuzuka Tomb
(You can also see those pictures I mentioned above.)
Well, I wrote a bit too much today… but I’m thinking about writing some topics related to Japanese culture as much as I can, because it seems useful because I will have to give speeches on Japanese culture. Don’t you think so?
-Mu
・・・・・・・・・・
I don't know why it says that I posted this article at that↓ early time???
・・・・・・・・・・
(2008.7.2)
as
7: as for somebody/something
used when you are starting to talk about someone or something new that is connected with what you were talking about before:
*Kitty's got so thin. And as for Carl, he always seems to be ill.
*You can ask the others, but as for myself, I'll be busy in the office.
point of view
plural: points of view
[countable]
1: a particular way of thinking about or judging a situation
scientific/technical/business etc point of view
*From an economic point of view, the new development will benefit the town greatly.
2: someone's own personal opinion or attitude about something:
*I respect your point of view, but I'm not sure I agree with you.
from somebody's point of view
*From my point of view, there is no way they can win.
an opinion that is influenced by the situation you are in
point of view • viewpoint • standpoint • angle • perspective
-Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment