Hi! I went to an event which one of my friends arranged today. It was awesome!
We made some Chinese sweets, and had a lecture about Chinese culture. I couldn’t help but thinking that about how hard my friend prepared for that.
I also have to give some speeches in the future, but I have no idea about what kind of thing I should tell talk about and, what is worse, my English is far from fluent. So I decided to keep a diary to prepare for those speeches.
Although I’ll try to write correctly, there are/will be loads of mistakes in my diary. I’d be so happy if you'd tell me them. Thanks!
-Mu
・・・・・・・・・・
Thanks to my friends' help, I could correct my errors. I don’t like to delete my original writing, because I don’t see my progress. So it may be a bit difficult to read, though, I use different colors to indicate them. (2008.6.23)
Reminder:
speech
1 [countable]
a talk, especially a formal one about a particular subject, given to a group of people:
*a campaign speech
give/make/deliver a speech
*Each child had to give a short speech to the rest of the class.
speech on/about
*a major speech on relations with China
a conference including meals and after-dinner speeches
*Collins gave the keynote speech (=most important speech).
when someone makes a speech
speech • talk • speak • talk • address • public speaking • presentation
-“Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English”
No comments:
Post a Comment